I was contemplating whether or not posting one today on this subject but the title was just to cool so I decided to. Today at dinner I realized how heated a conversation can get when politics are thrown into the mix. The TV was on in the corner with the Presidential Debate on so that topic quickly came up over the table. Person A stated how his pick was better than the other, while person B quickly puts A on the spot for his reasoning behind his support. C comes to A's defense and gives reasons B's choice would make a horrible president, and soon, the entire alphabet is standing up and yelling at each other across the table. In the end I ticks A off and he leaves the cafeteria. So yes this is a mild exaggeration (although a few people stood up and it was getting quite loud), but I think you get the moral of the story. I find it rather humorous about how a bunch of 16 year olds who know next to nothing about politics can be so certain they know who and what is best for this country that they will call each other idiots and argue till they lose their voice (and the best part is none of them can even vote!) It's sad how the ones who claim to be Christian will let such petty differences cause huge quarrels and will hold grudges over them. Reflecting on this incident I thought of another verse that kinda emphasizes this point, and its 1 Tim. 1:4, saying that arguments like these "promote controversies rather than God's work- which is by faith."
In this instance I was probably not the best example myself, so that's my prayer this week, that I would stick out of this crowd like a sore thumb!
Well Bio test is next week and I really need to get studying on that so thanks for your time and please leave comments!
Jordan
6 comments:
Lol, yeah I know what you mean about politics. Somebody asked a few of us in vent the other day if we liked talking politics and my response was "do you really want to ruin all the fun tonight?". My view on today's politics are listed below:
That person was me :)
-Josh (Proximo)
Boy Son, sounds like you have been around the same table as me at times. =] I have to say that I could not be any prouder of you than I am right now. SUCH wisdom at such a young age! I know that I just learned a few things from you reading this...my prayer is that I too promote God's work and not controversies! I love you "big as the sky"...
Well..words of wisdom from boy in a little town. As the race continues it seems every 4 years it gets worse and worse. And yes you are so right politics does bring the ugliness out of people, of all ages. It seems to me that even though you are mature beyond your years. Wisdom is setting in and even old folks such as myself can learn a thing or too from you. I pray you do stand out like a sore thumb. I pray that He continue to guide you in your many endeavers. Its just the beginning. And boy is it exciting!
btw...anonymous is me lOonie seems as my brain fawded....don't ask...k...ima out!
wow glad to see i'm not the only one that feels that way....I typically get up and leave the table when hearing about what people happen to think about this candidate compared to B candidate at school typically it ends in a stalemate anyway. nice blog :D
Post a Comment